Saturday, May 30, 2009

Feeling the Jeffcoat Love


I am definitely getting soft in my old age.

Last fall, we had a stray cat mosey up to our door with the loudest meow! Because the boys play outside so much, they fell in love with her and I agreed to feed her as long as she stayed OUTSIDE! When winter came, it was so cold and she looked o pitiful, so I gave in allowing her to come inside for a couple of nights. A couple led to many and now, Lola has become a permanent member of the Jeffcoat House. Ms. Lola decided we needed to expand and gave u some kittens 8 weeks ago. CJ and I were not amused. Having littel knowledge of how cats operate (we have always had dogs), we found out kittens nurse for about 6-8 weeks and then they can be separated for their mom. We took them to 7 and off they went. Now, as you can imagine, the boys- much to my chargrin- grew close to the kittens. I believe it was the whole "I want what I can'y have thing." because I wold not even let them hold them but once a week. But nonetheless, somehow, how all 5 kittens were named (a couple by me admittantly :) ).

As we are driving around several different places trying to find homes for these animals the boys still had in their minds that somehow, we would keep at least 3 of them: Kitten Batman, Kitten Robin, and Kitten Spider Man. When I finally came out of a door with an empty kennel, you would have thought I had just taken off a pinky toe of theirs. They began wailing and tearing their clothes in sorrow (nah, just kidding about the tearing clothes part)! My most pouty son said, "Mom, how could you do that? I never even got to say good bye!" My spunky one said the worst thing he could possibly think to call me, "Mama, you're a poopey diaper baby!" My logical thinker replied, "Mom, we could have kept at least one. We could take care of just one." Of course the baby was clueless.

We wrapped up our day going to McDonald's and eventually, I wasn' receiving the "Mom, you're so mean" look. Ms. Lola has an appointment to get spayed later next month.



post signature

No comments: