Sunday, July 1, 2007

Movin' On Up!

Jonah is now officially in a big boy bed (I would post pictures but my batteries are always dead in my camera b/c we always leave it on hoping to get "the shot.")! Unfortunately, Jonah is also our early riser (like 6 AM). Instead of laying in his crib and possibly going back to sleep, he now comes downstairs and goes through a similar scenario each morning:

"Mama, you 'k?"
"No, Jonah. Mama is still sleeping. It's still night-night."
Pat gently on the face. "You still seeping, Mama. It's 'k. I want choc-choc."
"No, Jonah. It's still night-night. Wait until it's time to get up."

Jonah then leaves our room to go back upstairs to recruit some help. A few seconds later, here come Pete and Re-pete (a.k.a. Jonah and Cole). Cole says, "Mama, I hungry. Get up and fix my breakfast."
"No, Cole, it's still night-night. Lie down until it's time to get up."
"But, Mama," he replies, "the sun's up."

How can you argue with that? So, we begin our day with the infamous Choc-choc and breakfast.

WE LOVE OUR NEW BIG BOY BED!

6 comments:

LeslieW. said...

Hopefully, the newness will wear off and he will sleep a little later soon. Yea for Jonah growin' up! It's about time for another one huh?

Jeffcoat House said...

Amen- about the newness wearing off, not the time part! :)

The LaBouffs said...

So, maybe I ought to reconsider putting Noah in a big boy bed now, huh? Guess I'll wait a little longer ;)

Dena said...

Wow - I can't believe he's in a BIG BOY BED! Where on earth does the time go...You should consider a six foot privacy fence in your bedroom - that way they just can't get to you! hahahahah cause 6AM is just tooo dang early! praise God - he blessed me with a late sleeper (but she do party til 1 am)

Todd Nelson said...

Hey Sugar! I had a nice chat on Yahoo IM with CJ just a while ago.

I'm lovin your posts about the boys. As you know, God gave us two girls. Then Jeni called it quits! Said if I wanted a boy, I'd have to buy one! :-( Guess I'll have to wait for sons-in-law, which will happen before we know it. Abby's about to turn 18, and Sarah 16.

Now come on, let's see some photos! Don't wait for the perfect shot. Got a family pic you can post? I was disappointed that CJ doesn't have one on his blog either.

If you visit over at our place, you'll see the latest photo of the Nelsons in Malaysia.

Bless you all! Tell your mom and dad hi for us.

Todd
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Jeffcoat House said...

ABSOLUTELY, Todd Nelson! For you and your family, I'll take pictures of the neighbors' kids and post them! We love and miss you guys and are glad all is well on the OTHER side of the world! I'll work on that this week!