Tuesday, December 11, 2007

13 Reasons Why I Love Leslie

...because today is her birthday and NOT Thursday


1- She wears a smile almost all of the time.

2- She is a GREAT Mommy!

3- She is one of the most self-less people I know; but at the same time knows her boundaries.

4- She enjoys super hero stuff too!

6- You just feel at peace around her. She brings so much calmness with her. Even when she is bothered by something, she keeps the peace.

7- She NEVER has idle hands. She is either smocking, or giving herself a mani/ pedi (even during a movie), doing book work, sewing... Rarely have I seen her do nothing.

8- She knows the value of keeping her man happy!

9- She is the most dependable person I know.

10-I have not heard her say one negative thing about ANYONE- even when I wanted her too- (Hee, Hee!)

11- She does not criticize- even if you need to change your clothes. She just goes, "So, that's what you're wearing. Hmm."

12- She is an AWESOME cook! I mean, really, if Leslie made it, you can guarantee it is super-yummy.

13- She has the most amazing quiet strength about her. I have but once seen her get roweled up and snap back at a person (who deserved it); in defense of a family member.

Leslie,

I love you so much. God has blessed me greatly by bringing you into my life. The hardest thing about doing this list was I only did 13! I could have easily done 20 and more! I know it's your love for Jesus that keeps you faithful. I hope you have a splendid day and this year brings you more blessing than you can contain!

She makes linen garments and sells them,
and supplies the merchants with sashes. She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue. She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her:
"Many women do noble things,
but you surpass them all."

Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised. Psalm 31:24-30



post signature

3 comments:

LeslieW. said...

What a perfect birthday gift! You couldn't have bought a better gift than my very own blog post! I love you and miss you on the special day. Thanks so much.

Terri said...

That's so sweet. I love the Prov. 31 verses. So fitting...

Dena said...

She is such a blessing - one of God's greatest gifts to me!