Monday, May 26, 2008

Monday Meanderings and Meal Planner

Back on track- maybe...

After an afternoon in the children's e.r., an IRS debacle, some dental issues, a broken car window (2 weeks after taking comprehensive insurance off), Jonah's birthday and school parties, and some other let downs and disappointments I think we may be able to have a "normal" week. Preschool is officially out for the summer so the boys and I are looking forward to just being lazy this coming week and splashing around in the sprinkler and kiddie pool (I don't think I could handle all 3 of them at a big pool yet all alone). I have a daily schedule for them all planned out and I'm back on track with my menu planning.
We have 8 more weeks before Olivia arrives and we haven't even begun on her room. It is so funny how much things change from child to child. Cole's nursery was complete, organized, and stocked by month 6. I probably won't have Olivia's complete until after she comes home.
In the name of accountability, here is our planned weekly menu:


Monday

Black Bean Soup with Tortillas

Tuesday

Steak; Sweet Potatoes; Caesar Salad


Wednesday

Marinated Grilled Chicken Breasts; Sautéed Spinach; Croissants with Honey Butter

Thursday

Shrimp Fettuccini Alfredo; Steamed Broccoli

Friday

Pizza and Cookies (A.K.A. Old Faithful)



post signature

3 comments:

LeslieW. said...

That blows dude. I pray for some normalcy for you this week. Let's chat tommorry.

Hillary said...

I don't know how you pull it off, but you do! I'm lucky to cook three times a week, but you have your whole menu planned. I'm inspired and am going to try to do better about cooking each night!

April Emery said...

Girl, you are my hero ... you do so amazingly well with all the crazniess around you! love you